Maintenance Technician - Team D
The incumbent for the Maintenance Technician position will have the overall responsibility for conducting machine set up, troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance service.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Maintenance Technician has the accountability for performing mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines. This position has no supervisory authority.
12 hour Continental shifts are:
The Lakeville Plant 12 hour shifts will operate 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. There will be four work teams who work a 2-2, 3-2, 2-3 work schedule, at 12 hours per day. Two teams work each day (one day team; one night team).
- Day Teams (A and B) 6am - 6pm
- Night Teams (C and D) 6pm - 6am
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician consist of but are not limited to:
- Maintains and repairs all aspects of production line equipment to include packaging equipment, wrappers, conveyors,
- Must be able to work all craft specialties, including electrical, welding, mechanical, pneumatic and structural.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts on equipment. Dismantles machinery in order to access part(s) needing repair replaces/repairs defective parts and reassembles machinery. Lubricates and cleans working mechanisms on production equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of all production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service..
- Performs plant inspections on fire systems, storage freezers, refrigeration system, etc., and records information into daily summaries.
- Performs preventative maintenance work on equipment and ensures timely completion of work orders.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of all production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required service.
- Examine machines and equipment in root cause analysis troubleshooting and performance analysis.
Candidate must have:
- Knowledgeable and experienced with electrical equipment: Single and Three phase, 110v & 24v dc controls, prints and schematics.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with manufacturing equipment, preferably packaging equipment: scales, baggers (linear & horizontal), cartoners and case-packer.
- Mechanical knowledge of troubleshooting, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs.
- Intermediate experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience wielding with: MIG, TIG or Gas metal arc wielding.