NPL FuserApply now »
Location: Lakeville, MN, US, 55044
Company: Centuri Construction Group
NPL Construction Co. is a recognized leader in underground and overhead utility and energy distribution construction with a workforce of over 5,000 and operations is more than 20 states. Built on 50 years of experience, NPL’s range of safe, high quality and sustainable construction solutions have earned an industry reputation for excellence in reliable performance and customer satisfaction. We leverage our expertise and capacity for the benefit of our customers and the communities they serve.
NPL is part of Centuri Construction Group, a comprehensive construction services enterprise dedicated to meeting the growing demands of North American utilities, energy and industrial markets. Centuri companies are focused on safely delivering sustainable solutions to our customers, while laying the foundation in the markets we serve for the next 100 years.
The Pipefitter/Fuser performs the skilled journey-level pipefitter/fuser work required to install, modify, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain new and existing underground gas distribution piping systems and is accountable to safety, quality and productivity standards.
• Using a hand shovel, dig around existing utility structures to prevent damage
• Load and unload equipment and materials
• Keep worksite clean and organized free from unnecessary hazards
• Preforming regular maintenance and cleaning on assigned vehicles and equipment
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisors
Prerequisite Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Construct, install, and maintain piping systems, appurtenances, and equipment for gas, on the basis of knowledge of system operation and study of working drawings and gas standards manuals.
• Performs all work safely and follows company policies and procedures at all times. Interprets safety data sheets (SDSs) and identifies chemicals using the Hazardous Material Identification. Properly wears personal protective equipment (PPE) to perform work safely.
• Ensures Preventive Maintenance and Inspection Program of equipment is being performed and recorded.
• Reads and interprets fusion procedures, product manufacturer instructions, and customer construction standards.
• Joins piping by means of fusion, electrofusion, or mechanical coupled joints.
• Examines and Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
• Use calibrated inspection tools
• Verify specifications by performing and recording QA tests & measurements on a wide variety of equipment
• Resolve assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications
Physical and Environmental Demands
• Ability to tolerate work in the extremes of weather without complaining is essential
• Distinguish safety colors with 20/20 eyesight using corrective lenses if necessary
• Ability to speak and hear worksite safety instructions
• Withstand prolonged and repeated: lifting (including overhead, up to 50lbs); standing; climbing; kneeling; reaching and feeling; crouching and crawling
• Ability to stand for long periods (up to 14 hours at a time)
Provided Training and Benefits
• OSHA Certification Training
• Professional Development
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Insurance Plan
• Retirement Plan benefit
Conditions of Employment
• Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice
• In-state driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations and no DUIs within a two year rolling period
• Maintain OSHA certifications
• Join and maintain union membership
• Maintain satisfactory safety record
• Pass all qualification tests
• Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
• Provide US work authorization documents for Everify
• Provide own work boots and prescription safety glasses (as needed)
• Satisfactory Criminal History Check
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or locaCenturi will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis